Viola Jones Face Detection and Camshift Tracking Explained.

Posted: September 16, 2012 in Technology, Viola Jones face detection and tracking
Tags: , , , , , ,

Hi all,

I have made a presentation to explain Viola Jones face detection and tracking algorithm. It explains the concepts of haar features, integral image, adaboost , cascading classifiers, mean shift tracking and Camshift tracking. Please post your doubts in the comments if I have not made myself clear in explaining any concepts. I shall try my best to answer them. Thanks for watching !

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Anonymous says:

This is a great video. It helped me a lot to understand certain key points that were not clear prior to watching this video. I appreciate you posting it here.

• jithurbide says:

Thanks for this very good explanation. Except the OpenCV implementation, did you know another one ? I try to implement the training part and to be honest I just a little lost.

thanks for this nice work.

2. Joe says:

Could you give the sub please. My english is so poor.
    Thanks.

• Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion .Currently I am busy with my end semester exams till 20 th Dec. I shall definitely do it after that.

Cheers,
      Ramsri

• Mary says:

I like this and I’d love to check it out but I am having tbulroe downloading the source code. Would you be kind enough to send me the files by email with the step by steps for installing the libraries/APIs?

3. Muhammad Ali says:

Hi.

Youtube i disabled in Pakistan, Can you please upload this video on some different Site where i can watch it.

Thank you in Advance.

4. Nagesh says:

Hi,Thanks for your video,really it helps me for clearing the concept of adaboost,I am dointg project for face detcion ,for that I want to do adaboost traininng,I am usiing opencv in linux & using function “./opencv_haartraining -data haarcascade -vec vecfile.vec -bg bg.txt -npos 1 -nneg 2 -nstages 3 -nsplits 1 -mem 1024 -sym – nonsym – minhitrate 0.99 -maxfalsealarm 0.5 -weighttrimming 0.95 -eqw -mode BASIC -w 20 -h 20 ”
    But this will stuck at stage 2,u ahve any idea please tell …..
    & if that not run then we can use the dataset of haar like features from opencv example”haarcascade_frontalface_default.xml”,can u explain this xml file for me
    send me some documentation on that to nagesh_kulkarni123@yahoo.com

• Tuesday says:

Succumbing to the soothing but meaningless slogans created by Madison Avenue may be easy, but if QuotesChimp buy our insurance based on name recognition alone, we allow insurance companies to slip off the hook of having to truly compete for our business by offering better prices and better services. We can think of few more beneficial consumer skills you can develop than to become a wise and competent shopper of insurance products. The more you know about what you are being sold, the more you will be able to keep your own dollars in your own pockets while obtaining a better deal for a better product.

5. AMine says:

Hi, i’ve used this method for face and feature tracking but now i want to include AAM (Active Appearence Models) with it, knowing that i’m using Java i’ve found this Library :
    but there is no examples in using it with OpenCv can you please guide me i’m kind of lost even if you give me a working example in C++ it will be appreaciated

6. ketan says:

hey can u give me this slide in which u present…
    thnx in advance..

7. jithurbide says:

Hello Ramsri,

I just want to say thank you for this video. Your explanation helped me a lot to understand the viola-jones’s documentation. I have a question for you. Did you study the implementation of opencv? In the XML file, we can find a value of left and right. Do you have an idea on how to manage them?

Once again, thank you for this video and explanation.

8. Alec says:

Hey, I wonder how to decide how many stages I need to train and how to train a cascade classifier. Apart from that, how many features should be chosen at each stage? Is there any theory support that? Thanks!